Become a Innovation Consultant at ZERU
About Our Members
The CX programme empowers students, and entrepreneurs to reach the next level by helping them develop key habits that drive growth. Participants will discover the 10 Steps for Starting a Business, 3 Steps to run it and the first, believing.
Members will enjoy in-person training with group learning, and practical online tools accessible on-the-go via mobile, delivering the direct results that busy students, and entrepreneurs need. It includes access to a mobile app for tracking business finances.
Designed for self-emplyed business owners seeking to growth and a team, ZERU's hands-on programme provides key steps for getting a business more organized and completing important tasks fast. We help members build demand, develop new products or services, develop a business model, and raise funding.
ZERU's blended learning approach merges a low-bandwidth online learning platform with peer support and optional in-person sessions, so those with demanding schedules or limited Internet access can easily participate.
This programme is offered through accelerators, incubators, colleges, and enterprise development organisations that want to support entrepreneurs in their network.
Innovation Consultants | Mastermind Members.
ZERU's Innovation consultants are well educated individuals with proven experience to help members conduct research, planning, product innovation, brand development and building a business.
They help members deliver products and services using an innovation project management approach specifically designed for personal brands and businesses.
Members that find themselves needing advice and hands-on support can conveniently book appointments with our consultants to brainstorm projects and ideas. You will receive hands-on walk-through using innovation tools to boost your process and acheive business goals.
Members will find the following consultation sessions extemely useful:
- Vision Boarding
- Goal Mapping
- Personal Branding
- Starting a Business
- Developing a Business
- Money Smarts
- New Product Idea
- We only know as much as you share about your interest, your availability, and your strengths. Keep the Portfolio Manager in the loop in regards to all things Zeru.
- There are many reasons to become a consultant. Know what your reasons are and make sure they are the right reasons. Consultants in this community are not financially compensated throughout the program and should expect nothing in return. If a consultant has this mindset, they always end up getting the most of the program.
- Everything is classified. Remember that much of what you’ll be exposed to is highly confidential, sometimes including the company’s participation in Zeru. You will be required to sign several non-disclosure and privacy agreements. ZERU's Code of Ethics must be be maintained by all members.
- Listen more and provide insight when you speak. ZERU Consultants are about being there for everyone, being in touch with the real challenges of the client, understanding the real issues within the team who must deliver solutions as well as understanding the issues of the client who the team delivers the solution for.
Consultants are an important part of what makes entrepreneurs have an amazing small business collaborative experience.
Join a social company focused on helping the community
We're ZERU, a boutique minority-owned small business consultancy. We've grown a lot in the past year, expanding our capabilities to help young entrepreneurs and small business customers based in Rochester, New York. Whether it's in customer service or our exceptional products, we owe our success to the efficiencies we are creating in our startup tech service company. Our team of Innovation Consultants is the face of the ZERU collaborative experience. Cooperation, Teamwork, Trust, and practicing Effective Communication makes it possible to uphold our company philosophy, “Power Passion Projects”. Our smiles and pleasant demeanors keep customers coming back time and time again no matter what projects we are working on. Our Innovation Consultants work many roles - from retail store associate to cashier to stocking - while providing excellent customer service. As a Trainee Innovation Consultant, you're also responsible for learning our CXiP Competencies, merchandising products, monitoring inventory, and keeping our client’s facilities looking its best. It's an opportunity to get more out of your career and grow in a radically different black-owned startup environment.
- Position Type: Part-Time, On-site, Rochester NY
- Average Hours: 30-40 hours/week (Must work on Sundays)
- Starting Wage: $14.00/hour with an opportunity
- Earn $36,000 - $45,000/year as a Junior Innovation Consultant
- Note: This trainee position is at a minority black-owned retail business in Rochester, NY
Education and Experience
- High school diploma, or working toward a bachelor’s degree
- Demonstrated passion for business management and entrepreneurship
- Outstanding records of academic and managerial or professional achievement
- Some knowledge of retail, including but not limited to strategy, business development, manufacturing, supply chain, product development, project management, marketing, and sales, etc.
- Analytical and quantitative problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated leadership ability in a team environment initiative taker, eager to break new ground, create opportunities for others Willingness to take personal risks - as seen through leadership roles - in work environment and extracurricular activities
- Ability to work effectively with people
- Skills to communicate complex ideas effectively
Engagement Specific Knowledge/Skills/Abilities
- Provides prompt and courteous customer service
- Ability to operate a cash register efficiently and accurately
- Ability to safely and properly operate equipment, including: electric and manual hand jacks, floor scrubber and cardboard baler
- Ability to perform general cleaning duties to company standards
- Ability to recommend, interpret, and/or apply ZERU and client’s operating policies and procedures
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Performs basic administrative duties such as filing and filling out forms
- Gives attention to detail and follows instructions
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
- Ability to supervise store personnel in the store manager’s absence to ensure the timely and effective completion of work assignments
- Understands and applies management principles concerning budgeting, personnel costs, and overtime expenses
- Ability to develop rapport, trust, and open communication that enhances the growth and job performance of direct reports
- Ability to prioritize and work under strict deadlines
- Meets any state and local requirements for handling and selling alcoholic beverages
ZERU is looking for a Director of Business Development who will develop relationships with current and prospective clients, qualify the client by understanding the clients’ business operations, financial priorities, objectives, and needs.
ZERU is a NY-based project and management consultant firm. We are currently looking for a Director, Business Development who will be based remotely in New York. We are looking for a Director of Business Development who will develop relationships with current and prospective clients, qualify the client by understanding the clients’ business operations, financial priorities, objectives, and needs. In partnership with marketing, the business developer researches and develops a strategic business development plan that lays out a target market and approach.
If you want to match your business development skills for one of the nation’s newest unique small business firms, you may be the ideal prospect. Our company is seeking a candidate who will be responsible for B2B sales, increasing the company’s revenue by identifying and developing new business opportunities and building and expanding the presence of the company and its products and services.
In this role, the incumbent develops relationships with current and prospective clients, qualifying the client by understanding the clients’ business operations, financial priorities, objectives, and needs. In partnership with marketing, the business developer researches and develops a strategic business development plan that lays out a target market and approach. Outbound approaches may include cold calls and mailings, educational seminars, visiting local businesses, and participating in networking activities. Informed of the particulars of the business, the business developer tracks new markets and emerging trends, recommends new products and services, proposes, and develops new strategic partnerships, and assists in the writing of proposals.
- Position Type: Part-Time, On-site
- Average Hours: 30-40 hours/week
- Starting Wage: $14.00/hour with an opportunity
- Earn $36,000 - $45,000/year as a Business Developer
- Available for remote work within New York State
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in Business, Marketing, Finance, or related field
- Minimum of 5 years of business development/sales experience
- Proven track record in presentation skills and art of persuasion – able to close deals with clients.
- Adept in business-to-business selling at a corporate level.
- Strong research and strategic analysis skills.
- Socially adept; excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Excellent organizational skills with an ability to use other strengths and knowledge in formulating responses to client questions/ issues.
- Creative talents and the ability to solve tough problems, including how to structure a project so it makes sense for the company and the client.
- In-depth knowledge of the industry and its current events.
- The ability to handle pressure and meet deadlines, skill in prioritizing and triaging obligations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Develop a strategic sales plan and goals; Identify potential clients in the target market and complete appropriate research on the prospective client’s business needs.
- Often closely involved in the sourcing of projects and tracking of project progress.
- Develop sales and marketing packets and presentation to deliver; plan and oversee new marketing/sales initiatives within a territory, product line, or industry
- Remain actively engaged in the industry, both sponsoring and attending important events: attending conferences, meetings, and industry events; contacting clients to inform them about new developments in the company’s products, etc.
- Working as a part of a team with project leads and specialists, discern client needs, sell clients on the company as a potential provider, and develop quotes and proposals.
- Become a subject matter expert on the business products, processes, and operations, and remain up-to-date on industry news Identifying new sales leads.
- Regularly required to sit, stand, bend, reach, push, pull, lift, carry and walk about the store.
- Ability to stock merchandise from store receiving to shelving; ability to place product, weighing up to 45 pounds, on shelving at various heights.
- Business Developers will often be required to perform some hands on traveling for logistics purposes and must have flexibility to travel.
ZERU offers competitive wages and benefits, including:
- 401(k) Plan
- Company 401(k)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- PerkSpot National Employee Discount Program
- Sales bonus
In addition, eligible employees are offered:
- Medical, Prescription, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Generous Vacation Time & 7 Paid Holidays
- Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Life, Dependent Life and AD&D Insurance
- Voluntary Term Life Insurance
- Commuter SmartBenefits
- On the Job Training and Professional Development
ZERU is committed to equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. As a proud Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), we do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual stereotyping, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), or any other protected characteristic. Employment may be contingent upon ZERU’s receipt of an acceptable motor vehicle report, and/or reference check, as applicable and permissible by law.
Key Programs in progress @ZERU
Next Level Program is empowering Innovation consultant and youth entrepreneurs with the tools and habits they need to reach the next level of growth through a practical blended programme learning Innovation Management.
ZERU has pioneered an Business Innovation Manager Apprenticeship program. It is earned by individuals who first enter a structured technical program, consisting of personal peer-to-peer collaboration, consulting workshops, instructions and a paid internship. The individual is then hired by an Apprenticeship partner employer providing on-the-job trainging (OJT).
Apprenticeship is gold for business
- Helps recruite and develop a highly skilled workforce
- improves productivity and the bottom line
- Provides opportunity for tax credits and employee tuition benefitsin some states
- reduces turnover costs and increases employee retention
- Creates industry-driven and flexible training solution to meet national and local needs
How it Works
Innovation Management Fundamentals
Our innovation management training equips learners with the knowledge and discipline required to effectively plan, manage, execute, and control innovation brands, products and services regardless of industry. You'll learn all about the most popular innovation management methodologies that help organizations deliver value.
Innovation Skills Learned
Innovation manager knowledge areas, Innovation Stakeholder Management, Innovation manager processes, Innovation environment, Innovation Integration Management, Integrated change control, Earned value management, Quality tools, Organizational theories and leadership styles
Innovation managers are required in nearly all industries like engineering, information technology, construction, and manufacturing. The credential you earn distinguishes you in the job market and enhances your credibility and effectiveness working on projects.
Empower small businesses to reach the next level with this hands-on program aimed at driving growth. Entrepreneurs and their teams will implement practical tools to develop positive habits around motivation, planning, marketing, finance, operations, and people, leading to significant and concrete business benefits
Providing technologies that develops and improves the way people see, hear, smell, taste, feel and experience the world.
ZERU's problem solving process has 3 major attributes. When our team members meet with members for the first time to discuss their problem, they know their solutions will be: Fact Based, Rigidely Structured, and Research-driven. Clients leverage our capabilities in the following areas:
Our research and communication arms works to provide insights and research to develop the sole-entrepreneur win.
No two problems are identical; you must first figure out how to approach each problem in order to develope the best solution. ZERU takes a multi-level approach to solving problems: combining our CXiP model with other problem solving frameworks.
Creative and Digital Designs Studio provides research, graphic design and prototying solution to help showcase product, service, ideas or business. Your Innovation Team, normally a group of 3-7 consultants, will help you develop logo, brochures, website copy, ebook, business cards, menus, signage and more.
Our Technology Practice focuses on helping individuals source and learn how to apply new technologies to improve their process. This may be as simple a learning how to use business simulation tools, setting up a Point of Sale, implementing a Customer Relationship Management system or maintaining a shopping website.
Our Marketing Practice focuses first on strategic Public Relations and Community driven experiencial marketing experiences. We then merge that focus with traditional, digital, content, and search engine strategies to create a measurable and complete integrated marketing program.
Product improvement is the core of what we do at ZERU. The Innovation Practice focuses on helping members capture new ideas, and transform them into actual value using our ZERU Innovation Process.
Our Finacial Practice focuses on helping business build personal and business wealth. We help members implement best accounting and personal finance practices. Members are provided with Bookkeeping services and technology to ensure they always have updated financial records on hand.
Collaboration Practice is our membership service where we provide various training and experiences to develope our members. This area provide tools to members gain clarity, plan, organize and acheive home, school, or work goals.
Innovation Consultants are exceptional people with deep industry, product innovation management, and entrepreneurship experience. They are here to help you on the journey towards success.