For young entrepreneurs and aspiring leaders who have need for advice, easy, flexible, and visual way to manage projects and organize anything personal or business. ZERU is a management consulting firm offering a personal innovation best practice framework and small business development products to help member successfully complete passion projects. Unlike other consultancies, ZERU specializes in supporting Minority-Women Owned Enterprises, micro small businesses, and invest in the development of entrepreneurial skills.
ZERU's mission is to improve the entrepreneur's innovation process and collaborative experiences.
Dreams and aspiration are just within reach. With clear insight to derive a proper strategy, one who is passionate about their idea(s) can start the process of creating. Collaborating with the right people, applying valuable and often necessary tools, can help you bravely navigate the process while smartly achieving success.
ZERU provides open source software products to start-ups and small businesses.
ZERU Personal Innovation Framework
Our organization has developed a standard methodology based on global best practices within our organization and on customer requirements and expectations. This methodology will also meet the requirements of ISO 9000. Our process incorporates seven phases that require specific deliverables listed in our CXiP Innovation Studios and Innovation Management System. Some of these deliverables have a procedure and in many cases a defined format. These guidelines, checklists, forms, and procedures are the backbone of our innovation management structure and also serve to capture lessons learned for the next program. This methodology is incorporated into all aspects of our business systems.
Inclusion and Diversity
We are a community based social company awaiting certification as a Minority-Owned Business Enterprise (MBE).
ZERU emphasizes consultation and training services to women, and minority clients.
The company focuses on projects that advance entrepreneurial / personal development, small business, and economic growth priorities of its members, with an emphasis on:
- Retail & Wholesale Trade
- Professional & Administrative Services
- Healthcare and Social Assistance
- Technology-Oriented Services
- Construction and Real Estate
ZERU's technical assistance includes:
- Market Research and Innovation Solutions
- Working capital and cash flow management
- General management skills
- New market development
- Hiring and managing employees
- Managing growth
- Accessing credit and capital
- Back-office Support
The Small Business Administration’s Office of Advocacy defines a small business for research purposes as “an independent business having fewer than 500 employees.” Additionally, SBA has established size standards that define whether a business entity is small and, thus, eligible for government programs and preferences reserved for “small business” concerns. Size standards have been established for types of economic activity, or industry, generally under the North American Industry Classification System (NAICS).
ZERU headquarters is located in New York
In New York State, the definition of a small business for the purposes of Chapter 15 Economic development law, S 131 (Article 4-B Division for Small Business), “a small business shall be deemed to be one which is resident in this state, independently owned and operated, not dominant in its field and employs one hundred or less persons.” The State utilizes this definition to determine eligibility for the Small Business Environmental Ombudsman (SBEO) program, the annual New York State Small Business Awards, and other services or programs.
Did you know:
- Small businesses make up 99.8 percent of all New York businesses. (https://www.sba.gov/sites/default/files/advocacy/2018-Small-Business-Profiles-NY.pdf)
- New York small businesses employed 4.0 million people, or 50.2% of the private workforce, in 2015.
- The website NerdWallet rates New York as the 5th most entrepreneurial in the country, based on an analysis of 1) the number, size, and increased number of SBA loans, 2) venture capital funding, and 3) the growth of small business population for each state.
- Small patenting firms produce 13 times more patents per employee than large patenting firms. In 2015, New York ranked third in the number of patents awarded in the US. (http://www.uspto.gov/web/offices/ac/ido/oeip/taf/cst_utl.htm)
- New York has a diverse economy. Nearly one-fourth of its land is dedicated to agriculture. In 2016, NYS ranked 2nd in the U.S. in apples and maple products; 3rd in milk, cabbage, and snap beans; 4th in grapes; and 5th in squash,and tart cherries. (http://www.ers.usda.gov/data-products/farm-income-and-wealth-statistics/cash-receipts-by-commodity-state-ranking.aspx)
- In 2015, 94% of all exporting firms in New York were small businesses. These firms were responsible for nearly 57% of the value of exports leaving the state. Canada is NYS’s best export customer, receiving $12,567,000 of the state’s exports in 2017. New York-Newark-Jersey
City is the 1st largest metro area reporting exports nationwide. (www.trade.gov/mas/ian/statereports/tg_ian_001955.asp)
- As of 2012, there were 709,021 minority-owned businesses and 725,709 women-owned businesses in New York, many of them small businesses. New York has made it a priority to remove barriers in state contracting. (Source: 2012 Survey of Business Owners (conducted every five years by the U.S. Census), for New York State: http://factfinder.census.gov/faces/nav/jsf/pages/searchresults.xhtml?refresh=t Enter “SB1200CSA01” in “topic or table name” search box)
This annual profile from the SBA’s Office of Advocacy shows the number of small, women-owned, and minority-owned businesses in New York State; business turnover (new firms, bankruptcies and terminations); employment; small business income; sources of financing; firms by industry and firm size; and non-farm establishment job gains and losses by firm size.
The Small Business Economy is an annual report since 1982, which continues to serve as a reference source to business owners, policymakers, and researchers when they need information on small business' performance in the economy.
Contact us to learn more about small business in your State.
For a business owner, obtaining the right insight is as important as finding the right location, getting the best price or implementing the best processes / success systems.
Our Innovation Consultant provide deep investigative and personalized support:
- Identifying local competitors
- Ring studies providing demographic information
- Tables and maps showing consumer spending habits
- Finding relevant trade association or regulatory contacts
- Locating articles written about ventures similar to yours
- Providing financial norms and ratios for your industry
- Conducting preliminary patent or trademark searches
Innovation Consultants, with the knowledge and experience to provide entrepreneurs with expert counseling and training. These advisors undergo rigorous professional certification to keep their business knowledge up-to-the-minute and their consulting skills sharp.
Innovation Consultant provide insight, networking opportunities, processes, and tools to help entrepreneurs solve problems
Focused on making our members become smarter, stronger, and healthier
ARCMIS Corporation is a research and management consulting firm, built to support apprentices, professionals, and small business teams. Zeru LLC is a subsidiary of ARCMIS Corp.
ZERU LLC is a membership organization engaged in promoting the business interests of its members. ZERU charges a small membership fee for staffing, business tools, and is organized to perform a specific business function, such as providing, financial support, common marketing of products and services, joint advertising etc. Visit zerucenter.com to post questions and receive research assistance for your small business.
Founder & Innovation Consultant
Innovation Consultants are exceptional people with deep industry, product innovation management, and entrepreneurship experience. They are here to help you on the journey towards success.